ARO offers optical polarizers with narrow and broadband options. Our coatings have high damage thresholds and high extinction ratios with S or P pol optimization capabilities.
ARO’s catalog UV polarizers are a great low-cost option for your laser application. In addition to catalog options, we provided modified stock and custom UV polarizers down to 193 nm.
ARO offers thin film polarizers that have been designed to provide the top performance in Ti:Sapphire amplifiers. Multiple round trips in the amplifier have a multiplying effect on the characteristics of any optic in the cavity. The ARO sales team can offer a free quote for custom thin film polarizers.
ARO achieves high-energy polarizers performance through advanced coating design and superior technology. Polarization optics are made for use in some of the most demanding lasers in the world. ARO’s polarizer coatings are great for use with Nd:YAG lasers.
Custom PolarizersOur technical team will review your optical drawing or custom specifications and provide a quote. Typically we offer:
- Size: 3 mm to 400 mm
- Surface roughness: 3Ǻ with the ability to provide below 1Ǻ if requested
- Surface quality: 10/5 Laser Quality (scratch/dig)
- Surface flatness: we routinely provide 1/10λ Peak to Valley at 632.8nm, with the ability to achieve 1/40λ Peak to Valley
- Standard tolerances include +0/-0.005″ for diameter, length or width and ± 0.005″ for thickness
- Parallelism: 1 minute with the ability to produce below 5 seconds on plano/plano parts if requested
- Coating Wavelengths: 193nm – 3000nm
- Reflectance: from 0.2% to 99.5% reflectivity
- AOI: 0-60 deg
Plate and Cube Beamsplitters
ARO thin film polarizers deliver an unmatched combination of high extinction ratio, high damage threshold, excellent mechanical durability, and long operational lifetime. The technology employed to fabricate these high performance polarizers has evolved from our collaborative experience in producing optics for some of the world’s most demanding laser systems and applications. ARO supplies polarizers for the world’s largest laser system at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory National Ignition Facility and beam path optics for cutting edge, ultrafast laser-based research universities.
From substrate preparation to thin film coating and product packaging, we apply our state-of-the-art expertise to both stock and custom built optics. Alpine Research Optics provides a wide selection of the highest quality polarizers for laser systems.