ARO offers optical polarizers with narrow and broadband options. We provide a wide selection of the custom optic solutions and optical polarizers for laser systems.
UV polarizers are a great low-cost polarizer option for your laser application. In addition to catalog, we provided modified stock and custom UV polarizer down to 193 nm. We also offer the IR polarizer (infrared).
ARO offers thin film polarizers that supplies the top performance in Ti:Sapphire amplifiers. Multiple round trips in the amplifier have a multiplying effect on the characteristics of any optic in the cavity. Our sales team can offer a free estimate for our custom thin film polarizer.
We achieve high-energy polarizers performance through advanced coating design and superior technology. Polarization optics are made for use in some of the most demanding lasers in the world. Our UV or IR polarizer coatings are great for use with Nd:YAG lasers.
Custom PolarizersOur technical team will review your optical drawing or specifications. Typically we offer:
- Size: 3 mm to 400 mm
- Surface roughness: 3Ǻ with the ability to provide below 1Ǻ if requested
- Reflectance: from 0.2% to 99.5% reflectivity
- Surface flatness: 1/10λ Peak to Valley at 632.8nm, with the ability to achieve 1/40λ Peak to Valley
- Standard tolerances include +0/-0.005″ for diameter, length or width and ± 0.005″ for thickness
- Parallelism: 1 minute with the ability to produce below 5 seconds on plano/plano parts if requested
- Coating Wavelengths: 193nm – 3000nm
- Surface quality: 10/5 Laser Quality (scratch/dig)
- AOI: 0-60 deg
Thin Film Polarizer
ARO thin film polarizers deliver an unmatched combination of high extinction ratio, high damage threshold, excellent mechanical durability, and long operational lifetime. The technology employed to fabricate these optical polarizers has evolved from our collaborative experience in producing optics for some of the world’s most demanding laser systems and applications. ARO supplies optic polarization film for the world’s largest laser system at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory National Ignition Facility and beam path optics for cutting edge, ultrafast laser-based research universities.
From substrate preparation to thin film coating and product packaging, we apply our state-of-the-art expertise to both stock and custom polarization optics.